Game Jam is a partnership between CivicHacks, Lumos Columbus, and packH2O to bring the video game development community together over a weekend to build games to raise awareness about the water crisis throughout the world.
January 16-18, 2015
937 N. High Street | Columbus, Ohio
Prizes for Winning Team
- :roll Gift Card for each team member
- Co-working space and business consulting by Lumos Columbus
- Tax/accounting services provided by The Short North CPA
Access to Venture Highway NCT University online entrepreneurship training
- and more!
Partners and Sponsors
Want to be a sponsor? Email us.
Rules and FAQ
- Participate: Bring a team or join a team at Game Jam.
- Play Fair: Bring an idea, resources and a plan, but don’t start working until Game Jam.
- A panel of judges will select the winning game based on pre-released criteria.
- The intention is that the winning team will continue to work on the game beyond Game Jam to help it achieve the objective of producing a successful game with proceeds benefitting packH2O.
- You do not have to work on-site all weekend but we will provide food, beverages and snacks for those who do.
Please click here to download the Official Rules (the legal stuff).
Who owns the IP?
PackH2O is a non-profit organization and proceeds will be used directly for the purpose of purchasing and distributing the water backpack in water stressed regions throughout the globe. By entering, the Developer of the winning Top Entry selected by the judges, in consideration of and as a condition of his/her/its participation in the Game Jam agrees to transfer the Intellectual Property Rights to packH2O in accordance with the Assignment Agreement in the Official Rules.
Who will maintain the app?
PackH2O intends on entering into a development agreement with the winning team for the completion, and maintenance of the app. The intent of the Sponsor, PackH2O, is for the winning team to develop, and maintain the app for a share of the revenue of app sales (up to 25% of net revenue generated by the sale of the app) and coworking space at Lumos Gallery and Incubator in accordance with the terms outlined in the Official Rules. Proceeds generated by PackH2O from the sales of the app will be used directly for the purpose of purchasing and distributing the water backpack in water stressed regions throughout the globe.
If applicable, who is responsible for hosting?
PackH2O will host and publish the winning app.
What App Store accounts will be used for the game?
PackH2O will publish and promote the winning app on the app store. Developers and winning team will get credit for their role in developing and maintaining the app.
Where is this event taking place?
Lumos Columbus located at 937 N. High Street in the Short North.
Where do I park during the event?
Parking in the Short North can be tricky. However there is ample street parking surrounding Lumos Columbus.
Questions? Email us.
Word is spreading about Game Jam the old fashioned way, friend-to-friend. If you register, grab this grab-n-go marketing material or flyer and share it with a friend. You'll be glad they're in the trenches jamming with you.
GAME FOR GOOD
Video games are one of the most popular forms of entertainment. Let's work together to build fun, engaging, and educational games that help raise awareness about the global water crisis.